The City of Augusta Department of Public Safety (combined Police and Fire) is seeking highly motivated applicants for the position of Public Safety Officer. This position is both a Kansas certified / commissioned law enforcement officer as well as a firefighter and rescue technician. Public Safety Officers are required to rotate between the patrol division and the fire division.
TYPE: Full Time
SALARY: $16.38 - $27.31 per hour
Education, Licensure & Experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Kansas Drivers License
* Good organizational skills
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to effectively plan, organize, and work independently
* Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
* Attention to detail with good error recognition capabilities
* Work Environment - Operational/tactical, includes work in a hazardous setting. Employee must be in good physical condition.
* Lifting Requirements - Drag and/or carry an average adult (approximately 160 lbs.) 15 to 20 feet from danger.
* Weight - Weight must be proportionate to height
* Two (2) years of college with study emphasis in fire/police science, fire/police administration, or a related field
* Two (2) years of experience working with the public
* Commissioned Police Officer in Kansas
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION:
To apply for this position, please review the posting on Kansas
CLOSING DATE: 05/02/2018