Police Officer, Kansas State University Police Department
This position patrols university property to enforce laws, ordinances and regulations. Protects citizens and property from harm; responds to incidents and situations that arise using clear judgment according to the policies and procedures of the university's police department and applicable laws and regulations. Serves the community by providing preventative patrol and response to accidents, incidents, crimes and disturbances. Works with diverse groups of people and makes an effort to involve community members in positive ways that promote the public safety goals.
TYPE: Full Time
SALARY: $14.49-$21.74 per hour. This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license upon employment
- Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Must complete a basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission and obtain certification as a law enforcement officer from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission before being given permanent status.
- At time of appointment, candidate must take and pass a drug screening test approved by the Division of Personnel Services.
- Requires the use of a firearm for law enforcement duties and therefore, candidates cannot have been convicted of, and must be free of any diversions from, a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. 922 (d) (9) and (g) (9).
- Good physical health and must be able to fulfill all requirements for admission to an accredited Kansas Law Enforcement Training Academy
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION: