Part-Time Crime Analyst, Sedgwick County District Attorney's Office Investigations Division
Review submitted data, video and/or audio recordings for content, and report findings. Video and audio recordings will be from police body and in-car cameras, as well as other sources of video evidence.
Video can be graphic in nature.
Essential Job Functions:
TYPE: Part-Time / 20 hours per week M-F
SALARY: $15 - $20 per hour.
Five (5) years’ experience in law enforcement or investigative work or any equivalent training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of modern practices and techniques utilized in criminal investigative work and law enforcement response protocol.
- Familiarity with the rules of evidence, search and seizure law, and laws involving custodial interrogations.
- Ability to learn and apply rules of evidence to collect, preserve, and use evidence.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures.
- Ability to recognize key information of evidentiary value or legal significance contained within large data, video or audio files.
- Skill in the use of computers and various software programs necessary to review, tag and move through video and audio files.
- Ability to use technology to review, recognize and tag or document evidentiary information in audio, video and data files.
- Ability to compile and maintain accurate and complex notes and records; assemble and organize data; and prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to plan and prioritize requests and deadlines.
- Ability to understand the policies, procedures, and services of the Office of the District Attorney.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with associates, other law enforcement officials, agencies and the public.
- Ability to pass a drug/alcohol screening test
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION: