Campus Police Officer/School Resource Officer, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 Police Department
The Campus Police Officer/School Resource Officer supports and facilitates the educational process within the Auburn-Washburn USD 437 School District by providing a safe and secure environment through building and establishing meaningful relationships with students and staff. The Officer also proactively interacts with the school community to ensure the enforcement of state laws, preservation of public order, protection of life and the prevention, detection, or investigation of crime. The Officer will work effectively with students, parents, school personnel and community agencies to support teaching and learning in the schools. The Officer will patrol district property to protect students, staff and visitors from physical harm and prevent loss to district property resulting from criminal activity.
Hours: Full Time - 8 hours/day, 12 months/year (benefits-eligible)
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Chief of Police. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certification/License: Valid driver’s license is required. Kansas Peace Officer Full Time certification required; Advanced Certifications (Instructor, Drug Identification, NASRO certifications etc.) a plus.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience in law enforcement in a traditional law enforcement agency or school environment required. Ability to work with youth and adults in the school setting.
- Work in inclement weather.
- Overtime work including evenings, weekends and athletic events as assigned by the Chief to provide maximum security coverage is required.
- Incumbent may spend extended periods of time patrolling and investigating crimes on District property, both in automobiles and on foot.
- Incumbent may be required to physically restrain parties involved in a conflict. In extreme cases, incumbent may be exposed to violent and/or armed confrontations.
- This position may involve routine exposure to blood or body fluids.
Closes: Until Filled